instinctive knowing (without the use of rational processes)
intuition, hunch, suspicion(noun)
an impression that something might be the case
"he had an intuition that something had gone wrong"
Any quick insight, recognized immediately without a reasoning process; a belief arrived at unconsciously; -- often it is based on extensive experience of a subject.
The ability to have insight into a matter without conscious thought; as, his chemical intuition allowed him to predict compound conformations without any conscious calculation; a mother's intuition often tells her what is best for her child.
Origin: [L. intuitus, p. p. of intueri to look on; in- in, on + tueri: cf. F. intuition. See Tuition.]
Immediate cognition without the use of conscious rational processes.
A perceptive insight gained by the use of this faculty.
Origin: From intuitio, from intueri, from in + tueri.
a looking after; a regard to
direct apprehension or cognition; immediate knowledge, as in perception or consciousness; -- distinguished from "mediate" knowledge, as in reasoning; as, the mind knows by intuition that black is not white, that a circle is not a square, that three are more than two, etc.; quick or ready insight or apprehension
any object or truth discerned by direct cognition; especially, a first or primary truth
Origin: [L. intuitus, p. p. of intueri to look on; in- in, on + tueri: cf. F. intuition. See Tuition.]
Intuition is the ability to acquire knowledge without inference and/or the use of reason. "The word 'intuition' comes from the Latin word 'intueri' which is usually translated as 'to look inside' or 'to contemplate'." Intuition provides us with beliefs that we cannot justify in every case. For this reason, it has been the subject of study in psychology, as well as a topic of interest in the supernatural. The "right brain" is popularly associated with intuitive processes such as aesthetic abilities. Some scientists have contended that intuition is associated with innovation in scientific discovery. Intuition is also a common subject of New Age writings.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
in-tū-ish′un, n. the power of the mind by which it immediately perceives the truth of things without reasoning or analysis: a truth so perceived, immediate knowledge in contrast with mediate.—v.t. and v.i. In′tuit, to know intuitively.—adj. Intuit′ional.—ns. Intuit′ionalism, the doctrine that the perception of truth is by intuition; Intuit′ionalist.—adj. Intū′itive, perceived or perceiving by intuition: received or known by simple inspection.—adv. Intū′itively.—n. Intū′itivism. [L. in, into or upon, tuēri, tuitus, to look.]
The Nuttall Encyclopedia
a name given to immediate knowledge, as distinct from mediate or inferential knowledge, and which is matter of consciousness or direct perception.
U.S. National Library of Medicine
Knowing or understanding without conscious use of reasoning. (Thesaurus of ERIC Descriptors, 1994)
The Foolish Dictionary, by Gideon Wurdz
A fictitious quality in females--really Suspicion.
To feel, know and understand through the senses, mind, conscience, consciousness, spirit or soul.
Her intuition was always accurate and she felt, knew and understood so much knowledge, it gave her a dignified and humble sense of confidence.Submitted by MaryC on January 18, 2020
Song lyrics by intuition -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by intuition on the Lyrics.com website.
The numerical value of Intuition in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of Intuition in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Examples of Intuition in a Sentence
??The immorality and amorality reign in the hearts of the 'leaders' of the world, political and religious; from Vatican to Canterbury, and on through their subdivisions, and through the 'Holy Tribunal of The Inquisition', DBA now as The United Nations Security Council. — Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU? As long as governments and religious leaders function in accordance with the daily prescribed rules of ERIS and ARES, PLUTO will be working full time, enjoying the smell of the holocaust of children on the four corners of the Earth. — Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU? Blissed are the eyes that can scan the soul of words within their breath of meaning, and reveal the colors of their images with hues of understanding. — Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU? The mind of a Poet is a creative engine of beauty, wonders and grace to diffuse love, harmony; to learn and to teach; to instruct and defend art and the language; and to stimulate intuition and imagination. — Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU? Poets have written the most important facts and events of our planet, and of the universe. They have been the fountain of knowledge for historians in all fields of the human culture; for philologists, linguisticians, and grammarians; — mothers, fathers and guardians — of the languages, throughout the history of Mankind. — Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU? A Poet may express her/his natural emotions, the intergalactic wonders, or serve as an interpreter for what is possible to exist, could have existed or exists around her/his perception. — Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU? Friends are linked by the most powerful energy of the nature of the Human Race; the energy that is the sister of Motherhood; the energy of Friendship. — Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU A free thinker is one that acts self directed, and learns through resourceful thoughts; that questions everything, and knows the words she/he conveys. — Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU Know the words that You use, — for once they are used — they will identify the true picture of one's intelligence. — Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU? Words are the vehicle of Soul’s creation, and the voice of one’s heart. — Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU Inspiration is a tourist in the artistic land of hard work. — Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU? What makes the history of a Poet is not the number of pages written, but the number of souls inspired by her or his work. — Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU ? A poem is a spice for everyone’s cerebral diet; a sublime companion, always present to ignite one’s intellectual dynamo; and to prod the heart to pump beauty.— Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU A poem is a precious jar of perfume that needs to be packed accordingly. — Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU? Words can have beauty and meaning, but when they are poetized, they have the meaning of beauty. — Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU? A Poet paints with words, and writes with mathematized forms of geometric metaphors. — Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU? Any one can learn mathematics, music and letters, and earn a Ph.D. in Poetics, but only a Poet can learn all that, and write with syllables of love and art. — Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU? In English, as in any other language, there are rules that one must follow. In Poetry one must follow the language’s rules, and feel free to improve any branch of the poetic art; one has license to create around, change forms, styles and concepts, but one can never forget that there is no 'poetic license' to ignore the language and its principles. — Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU? Let mankind understand the order of the planet./It’s time for all to gather and sow seed of justice,/Before time disallows use of tools to build ships/To rescue human children from deluge of blood!?http://allpoetry.com/poem/6415503?— Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU? When we understand that we are the human race, there will be no places for Eris and Ares on this planet. — Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU?? Source:?https://allpoetry-classic.com/poem/13600317- Year:?Nov 15, 2017??
This duality has been reflected in classical as well as modern literature as reason versus passion, or mind and the "unconscious." There are moments in each of our lives when our verbal-intellect suggests one course, and our "heart" or intuition, another.
A man's women folk, whatever their outward show of respect for his merit and authority, always regard him secretly as an ass, and with something akin to pity. His most gaudy sayings and doings seldom deceive them they see the actual man within, and know him for a shallow and pathetic fellow. In this fact, perhaps, lies one of the best proofs of feminine intelligence, or, as the common phrase makes it, feminine intuition.
You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover will be yourself.
1. Music rap beat: The creak of a door wao wao wao. Wao Wao Tum Tum Tum Wao WaoThe smashing sword of feelings cuts the emptiness of reality that feels the powerlessness of the fighter against fate 2. Music rap beat: Tuk tchak tututu tchak tutu tchak tututu tchak tutu tchak tchak tchak tutu tchak.Memory is a palace of photographs and in each room you can watch a video of memories, this palace is on fire, and new photos fly out of your head that rebuild a new castle. 3. Music rap beat: empty drum sound and beat rhythm house here tuka tu dum tuk tutu tuka house. Fake laughter as a simulated orgasm of optimism. 4. Music: Bowl Sound: woo-woo-beat rhythm: Tu-Ta-Ta-Tu-Tu-Doom Remembering, fears, desires, mysterious entities, all of them are in your hotel subconscious where you are just a doorman. 5. Compass of awareness in the hands of the one who is eating in the elevator of consciousness, awareness in the very top. On the higher floors, they will understand that they have not yet grown to logic, and where logic breaks down and the highest level of thinking begins: infinite love. 6. Thinking is life, the death of thinking and philosophy gives birth to a new form of life in a new dimension of thinking. 7. Instincts are fear, therefore we are still part of the animal world, because of fear we live in a cultural ghetto. Intuition is the courage of conscience in the heart. 8. Love is when it is pleasant to dream and think about your beloved person and to receive sincere pleasure taking care of him. 9. A philosopher is a whirling six-barreled machine gun firing thoughts, ideas into people's souls and bullets never end; a slight evil smile of awareness comes from them; everyone realizes the evil joke of reality. 10. Periodically, the light of the stairs illuminates the corridors of the staircases, everything changes and is illuminated by a beacon of good luck for our lives. 11. Insanely laughing psycheFrom disappointment, the soul cannot stop laughing with a frightening uncontrolled laugh, between fear and uncontrolled angry laughter. The smiling, insanely laughing psyche growls and tears to pieces from the high-voltage psychic tension that gives birth to truth, from a smile the philosophy of the psyche breaks into two parts of the duality of the world. A huge smile is visible in the broken mirror of the psyche, and only sometimes the image of a person is reflected in them as a reflection of conscience. 12. Everyone hurries to their graves. 13. Instincts are terrible toys of the subconscious, there is a toy world that is developed at the expense of all lived lives, they call to have fun at the expense of oneself. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for Intuition
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- intu?cióCatalan, Valencian
- Intuition, Anschauung, Gespür, unmittelbare, Ahnung, Eingebung, Einfühlungsverm?gen, ErkenntnisGerman
- δια?σθηση, αισθητ?ριο, εν?ρασηGreek
- intuitio, vaisto, aavistusFinnish
- intuito, intuizioneItalian
- 直感, 直覚Japanese
- претчувство, интуици?аMacedonian
- интуиция, предчувствиеRussian
- domi?ljaj, predose?ajSerbo-Croatian
- sezgi, g?rüTurkish
- tr?c giácVietnamese
Get even more translations for Intuition »
Find a translation for the Intuition definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 簡體中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Espa?ol (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- ??????? (Arabic)
- Fran?ais (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ????? (Kannada)
- ??? (Korean)
- ????? (Hebrew)
- Укра?нський (Ukrainian)
- ???? (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- ???? ?????? (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- ????? (Tamil)
- Türk?e (Turkish)
- ?????? (Telugu)
- ??????? (Thai)
- Ti?ng Vi?t (Vietnamese)
- ?e?tina (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Romane?te (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικ? (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- ????? (Persian)
- ?????? (Yiddish)
- ??????? (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)